Terms and Conditions
POLAR POST - ONLINE T&CS FOR THE SUPPLY OF GOODS
Yes, even elves have T&Cs…
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, SI 2013/3134 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made (see below). We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Some of this information is likely to be obvious from the context. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy.
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your goods, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you’re entitled to the following:
—up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund;
—up to six months: if they can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases;
—up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The information in this summary box summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Charlotte Wood, trading as Polar Post; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- email [email@example.com]; or
- telephone 07817 977530.
Who are we?
We are Charlotte Wood, trading as Polar Post, a sole trader.
Our address: Churchill Cottage, Great Witcombe, Gloucestershire, GL50 3AP
- If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- Your privacy and personal information
- Ordering goods from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you.
- If you are under the age of 18 you may not buy any goods from the site.
- Right to cancel this contract
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason unless the goods supplied to you are clearly personalised or made to your particular specifications (see clause 8.6 below).
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day the goods are ordered.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (eg a letter sent by post or email). You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
To Polar Post:
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Effects of cancellation
- If you lawfully cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received goods:
- you shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us;
- you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods; and
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- If you want to see your delivery options, please review the relevant webpage before you place your order.
- The estimated date and time window for delivery of the goods is set out in the Confirmation Email. However, please be advised that delays on the part of Royal Mail our outside of our control.
- If something happens which:
- is outside of our control; and
- affects the estimated date of delivery;
we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days, we will:
- let you know;
- cancel your order; and
- give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us.
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- We accept the certain credit cards and debit cards.
- Your credit card or debit card will only be charged when the goods are dispatched.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
- If your payment is not received by us and you have already received the goods, you:
- must pay for such goods immediately; or
- must return them to us as soon as possible. If so, you must keep the goods in your possession, take reasonable care of them (including ensuring that you follow any instructions or manuals given with the goods) and not use them before you return them to us.
- If you do not return any goods (such as where you have not paid for them) we may collect the goods from you at your expense. We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the ‘cooling off’ period under clauses 4 and 5.
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- includes VAT at the applicable rate; and
- does not include the cost of delivering the goods.
- Nature of the goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality;
- are fit for purpose; and
- match the description, sample or model.
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
- While we try to make sure that:
- all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance of up to 1% in such weights, sizes and measurements; and
- the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use.
- Any goods sold:
- at discount prices;
- as remnants; or
- as substandard;
will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- All personalised orders are considered final at the point of order placement. We are unable to cancel orders for personalised items once an item has been prepared for dispatch. Please ensure you take great care when entering names or any other information into our website as we are unable to offer refunds or replacements for any items unless they are faulty.
- We reserve the right not to send any message that may contain inappropriate or offensive language.
- Faulty goods
- Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), are set out at the top of this contract. They are a summary of some of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- us to repair the goods;
- us to replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the goods and get a refund.
- End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed;
- are as result of delays on the part of Royal Mail; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
- the goods;
- our service to you; or
- any other matter,
please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our internal complaint handling procedure, we will let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
- Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.